Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Alternate Reality

Ah reality TV. You have to love it. And hate it. And, of course, realize that there's NOTHING real about it. There are two reality shows that I watch, well, in a way that some might describe as obsessive. One is the so-bad-you-have-to-watch train wreck variety (The Bachelor) and the other is the feel-good-inspire-you-to-be-better type (The Biggest Loser). These shows have too much good material not to comment. I'll start with TB and try to post on TBL tomorrow.

OK...there's really only one word for this group of girls. CRAZY. Seriously--where do they find these girls? I get that most of the normal girls out there appreciate that they probably won't find true love on national television whilst competing with 24 other girls and so maybe they don't apply, but this particular bunch is all kinds of wacky.

So where to even start...I'm going to just do a list (and will try to be brief):
  • Stephanie--Sigh. She's a nice enough girl, but seems so much older than the rest. And I really do feel for her with all she's been through...but I'm ready to know something else about her--ANYTHING else--beyond her loss. It's time. OH...and as LBC and I had to discuss at length during the show last night, what was up with all of Sophie's wardrobe changes? Who wears a princess dress to Lego Land...and then reveals swimwear underneath...I think she had 4 outfits all together?? Still scratching my head on that.
  • The group date--Yeah...I'm all for doing a good deed and all, but there's only the slimmest of chances (like NONE) that I would have lost my top and gotten all plastered up in that setting. And while I'm not complaining, I was amused that Jason just didn't put his shirt back on. Oh...but LOVED Jillian's dress. Having a little dress envy, in fact.
  • Natalie--Wow. I love bears??? Yeah...I think that's enough said.
  • The drama--With this much unstable crazy in one house, it's inevitable, right? But I felt a little for Lauren for basically getting called out after Jason all but begged her for the scoop on the other girls.
  • Shannon--Poor Shannon. I haven't gotten past her total stalker revelations from the first show. And I kept hoping that they had a lot of mouthwash in that bathroom that she kept, uh, visiting. I can't believe he hasn't let her go yet. And filed a restraining order.

I'm not sure if I can pick a favorite at this point. I guess it's a toss up between Molly, Melissa, and Jillian (the dress bumped her up!).

This season is so, so bad. And yet I will certainly watch again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment