Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beanie's Day


Today was my due date with Beanie. It’s been a long and bittersweet day as we’ve remembered our sweet first baby and tried to celebrate his short life.

It’s a crazy thing, loving the baby in your belly so much and missing the one in Heaven just as much. If Beanie had lived we wouldn’t have our sweet girl. But having her doesn’t make us miss him any less or make me stop wishing I were holding him right now and soaking in his newborn smell and snuggles.

I often wish they were twins, either still baking or both just born. But I don’t get to choose. So we remember our Beanie and continue to love him the best way we know how.  And we love his little sister and are grateful for every day that we get with her.

We love you so much, Beanie. I wish I was holding you in my arms, but you’ll always be in our hearts. 

1 comment:

  1. Missing both of our sweet ones today. I have a feeling they're up to something fun together, though.

    ReplyDelete