Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Heavenly Day

Oh my. You know those days that are just seemingly perfect? This has been one of those days.

I get to work from home most Wednesdays--a huge treat given my awful commute the other days. I went out for a walk before I started working and couldn't believe how GORGEOUS it was. I got home to learn that my coffee pot went kaput and immediately walked back out the door to visit the nice folks at Starbucks.

(I don't care how energized a brisk walk can make me, I'm not getting through the work day without a good, healthy dose of the caffeine. And how lucky am I that Starbucks lives a mere five minute walk from my front door?!)

Anyway, it was SO spectacular when I was out and about that I decided I couldn't possibly spend the day inside. Welcome to my office:


Simply. Lovely.

(Even if it did make me realize that I'm going to have to go ahead and replace my lawn service. And I really need to stop putting off working in the flowerbeds.)

There's a Patty Griffin song that I love called "Heavenly Day." It is officially the title track to this post, and the soundtrack for May 20, 2009.

While my perfect day would certainly not include working, this is absolutely the perfect way to work!

1 comment: