Thursday, April 2, 2009

Paging Prince Charming

Dear Prince Charming,

I still believe that you're out there somewhere and am excited for the day we actually get to meet and fall in love. I know those are going to be some good times. However, I'd like to request a bit of expediency in the process.

As I lie here on the couch with my foot propped in post-surgery recovery, pain pump releasing the numbing meds in five minute intervals, I am acutely aware of your absence. I have lovely friends who have been so helpful over the past few days--they are awesome and I love them very much.

I'm just saying, though, that it would be really great if you could go ahead and ride up, hitch your beautiful white horse to the front porch and ring the bell. Even in my current state I'll find away to let you in. And I promise that I generally look better than I do at the moment.

Don't misunderstand that I only want you around to be a nurse of sorts...not at all. I'm just thinking that these moments are part of the whole kit and kaboodle. I promise to do the same for you as needed. (Though I must say that I really hope you're not as accident prone as I am. I'm sure we have a lot in common, but maybe just not that nifty little trait).

OK. That's all. Hope to see you soon,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment