Thursday, April 9, 2009

Foreshadowing and a Smidge of Redemption

I've got to admit that I'm pretty amused by the sharp spike in hits to the blog as folks flock here to see pictures of my very pathetic looking toes. I'm so happy that I can be the train wreck of the week. No, really...please allow my misfortune to entertain you. I'm a giver like that.

As people emailed me comments about the blog (and certainly about the toes!) I started looking back at some of my more recent posts. I was, to say the least, a bit disturbed by the amount of foreshadowing I came across. In this post I actually said, "it's definitely time to prove that I can enjoy an adventure that doesn't end with some sort of triage." Wow. Guess I let those words fly out of my mouth one SoCal trip too soon. There was another reference somewhere in there, too, about ER visits and how accident prone I am.

Perhaps there's a lesson here.

But despite all of the clear signs that Moose + Bike = BAD NEWS, I do have one tiny point of redemption. OK, redemption might be a stretch, but these days I've got to take what I can get.

I realized that I never did post pictures from my rock climbing afternoon in LA (3 weeks before bike riding in LA). So here you go...there IS, in fact proof that I can enjoy an adventure and not end up in the ER. At least once in while.

Yep......that's me...


...dangling from a rope on a big rock. Kind of high up there.
(At least for me).


And back safely on the ground where I'm sure I ought to stay.
(But am sure I won't)

Thanks, MDP, for taking me and getting me up and down without incident. I think I quietly mentioned at one point that you might ought to know that I'm a little bit accident prone...now you know what that means. And I can't wait to climb again!

No comments:

Post a Comment