Thursday, April 23, 2009

On the Road Again

I think I might secretly have hoped that by writing about the recent chaos in my life and sending it out into cyberspace that said chaos would have packed its bags and moved on to taunt someone else.

Yeah. Not so much. (And I even wrote it on Easter).

So it’s been another couple of weeks of work completely consuming my life. Uh, didn’t I trade in working around the clock for something resembling a LIFE when I left Intel?

Anywho, I spent the week in Tampa at a GIS tradeshow (yes, it is a glamorous life, but someone has to do it). The show was a dismal reflection on how the economy is affecting things and it was the slowest show I've ever attended.

But the week wasn't a complete loss as I had the BEST sushi I've ever eaten while I was there. And that is saying something. My co-worker and I went a little overboard on the ordering and there were literally more plates of food than could fit on our table. Our BOOTH table. But it was so worth the misery of being sushi-stuffed. If you're ever in Tampa head over to Ybor City and eat at Samurai Blue. Delish! (But maybe 6 specialty rolls for two people is a wee bit too much, so scale accordingly.)

I was pleasantly surprised that the pins in my toes didn't even phase the airport metal detector. But they did get me that nifty blue pre-boarding pass. That's a golden ticket on SWA!

On my way home today I realized that I'm a little bit addicted to airport people watching right now. I'll have to do a whole post on this when I get a few minutes. I'm mostly intrigued by the attire people choose. Not so much about the fashion/style, but rather the crazy range of options. I would love to know what some of these folks were telling themselves when they made their wardrobe selections this morning.

After I landed in Austin this afternoon I drove over to Huntsville (it was a rather convoluted travel day). I'll get to see my oldest friend in the world (in duration, not age) tomorrow and then am spending the weekend with the family for my favorite nephew's 4th birthday.

I've got two words for you: Birthday. Cake.

I'm pretty sure that's what's finally going to make all this craziness fade a way for a bit. Well, OK, it probably won't really be the cake. But the two incredibly cute kiddos who will inevitably end up with frosting in their hair are certain to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment