Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What Time is it Anyway??

I spent a lovely long weekend in LA with groovy people enjoying the gorgeous coastline, watching a myriad of interesting people enjoy the beach, and even got in a little rock climbing.

(For those of you who know me well that last bit probably filled you with terror and you're now expecting to hear about my experience at the ER. I'm happy to report that other than a few normal scrapes I came out unscathed. Well...there is a situation with my big toenail, but it's hardly worth mentioning...not to mention completely disgusting).

Daylight Saving Time came to visit while I was there and I just need to say that it's completely unacceptable for a time change to happen during vacation--at least if you're losing an hour. I will admit that we were still up and going strong at 2:00 AM local time and had a very hilarious (OK...probably more like pathetic) few minutes of trying to figure out what time it really was as half the clocks around us automatically adjusted for the change and we had those plus a few watches from other visitors from different time zones and were VERY confused.

I got home last night, and by that time I had completely forgotten that the time change ever happened, and so I didn't change my clock. So yes, I managed to be an hour late for work today. Nice.

I kept forgetting to take my camera or to take pictures while I was out there, so I don't have much to post. Others did, though, so after I get pictures of me managing to dangle from a rope on a rock without hurting myself, you better believe that I'll post the evidence. Because whatever time it is, it's definitely time to prove that I can enjoy an adventure that doesn't end with some sort of triage.

No comments:

Post a Comment